Add an Instagram account - Verification Code & Two-Factor Authentication
Authentication might take a few tries depending on how Instagram’s feeling! Wait a minute and try the steps again to connect your account.
- Login to Gramista.com
- Tap Add an Instagram account
- Type your Instagram Username and Password
- Tap Connect
[TWO-FACTOR] If you have enabled two-factor authentication on Instagram
Gramista will ask you to enter a security code. Instagram sends you security code in an SMS to the phone number connected to your account.
This happens as soon as you attempt a login but it may take a few minutes before you receive the SMS. Enter the code in the popup and press Confirm
[VERIFICATION] If Instagram requires additional verification
You'll need to verify the login attempt by entering an additional verification code. where you can choose the verification method:
- A prompt will open on Gramista; choose Email or Phone
- Wait for the verification code*
- Enter the code into the popup on Gramista
- Tap Confirm
* Instagram sends the code to the email or phone number on file with them, which isn't necessarily the same as the email used for Gramista—trust me; this confuses a few people! Also, Phone will only work if you have a number added and verified by IG that's capable of receiving SMS messages.
You'll need to reconnect your account every time you change your Instagram password.